As in any successful business, a successful farm needs to get the immediate jobs done promptly, and on time. But to stay in business, you need to think about next week, next month and next year and beyond. You need to think about new ways to make your business grow and prosper. And since most farm business are run by the family, there’s that vital consideration of planning for one generation to retire comfortably while allowing the new one to take over and make a living.
In each Country Guide you’ll find:
- Profiles. No two farms are the same, partly because no two people are the same. Whether it’s the CEO of an international chemical or machinery company, or the the young farm couple starting a specialty operation, you’ll learn what they’re thinking — and how the many different people in agriculture can learn from each others’ thinking.
- Products. A quick look at what’s new in equipment, grouped by category in order to allow a little comparison shopping before heading to the dealer.
- People. How some farms are adapting in traditional commodity agriculture, and how others are taking steps into new crops and services. Guide also looks beyond just the business side of agriculture, and covers the unique challenges and benefits of living, working and raising a family in a rural community.
As Canada’s oldest farm publication, with roots back to 1886, Country Guide is about the business of farming, providing farmers with strategic business thinking.
Country Guide’s website provides daily agriculture news, event listings and a daily newsletter.
Country Guide is published by Glacier FarmMedia LP www.farmmedia.com
Other FBC Publications Include:
- Alberta Farmer Express – www.albertafarmexpress.ca
- Manitoba Co-operator – www.manitobacooperator.ca
- Grainews – www.grainews.ca
- Canadian Cattlemen – www.canadiancattlemen.ca
- Farmtario – www.farmtario.com
- Ag Dealer – www.agdealer.com
- Seed Manitoba – www.seedmb.ca
- The Prairie Ag Catalogue – www.prairieag.com
- Le Bulletin des Agriculteurs – www.lebulletin.com